Summer is just around the corner, and for many young dancers, that means one thing: summer dance camps! Whether you’re a serious dancer looking to improve your skills or just someone who loves to move and groove, there are plenty of summer dance camps out there to choose from. But when should you start looking into them?
When Should I Look?
The short answer: as soon as possible! Many popular summer dance camps fill up quickly, so it’s a good idea to start your search early. Ideally, you should begin looking for camps at least several months before the summer season begins, especially if you have your heart set on a specific camp or location.
What Should I Look For?
So what should you look for when choosing a summer dance camp? Here are a few key factors to consider:
- Location: Do you want to stay close to home or venture further afield? Are you looking for a specific type of environment, such as a beach or mountain setting?
- Type of dance: Different camps specialize in different types of dance, from ballet to hip-hop to ballroom. Make sure you choose a camp that offers the type of dance you’re most interested in.
- Instructors: Who will be teaching the classes? Do they have experience and credentials in your chosen style of dance? What is their teaching philosophy?
- Schedule and duration: How long is the camp? Will it fit into your schedule and budget? Are there multiple sessions to choose from?
- Age and level: Some camps are geared towards beginners, while others are more appropriate for advanced dancers. Make sure you choose a camp that matches your age and skill level.
Do Your Research
Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential summer dance camps, be sure to do your research. Read reviews from past attendees, check out the camp’s website and social media pages, and reach out to the organizers with any questions you may have.
Finally, don’t forget to have fun! Summer dance camps are a great opportunity to meet new friends, improve your skills, and have a blast doing what you love. So start your search now, and get ready for a summer full of dance!
Nan’s Dance Summer Camp
Nan’s School of Dance is offering a 4 week class sessions and camps during the month of July. See the link below for dates, times, and pricing.
Why Nan’s School of Dance?
At Nan’s School of Dance, our goal is to provide top-quality instruction at a competitive price. We encourage our students to reach technical proficiency in their favorite dance form and build self-discipline, poise, and self-esteem. We offer instruction in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Acro, and Pre-Dance, at all levels.
We love having new members in our dance classes and will help get your child acclimated to our dance school to make them feel right at home. When your child attends Nan’s School of Dance, they will become a part of our dance family and share in our love for dance!
Don’t Forget to Register!
From ballet to hip hop, we offer dance classes for ALL ages and skill levels in a variety of styles. We place students in classes that will challenge them while offering a fun atmosphere for learning and growth. We also offer Mommy & Me classes, (18 months – 2.5 years). Register online or give us a call at 919-803-6044 to hold your spot!